E-9 Visa to F-2-6 Visa

It’s been a long time since my last post. I thought I’d be holding a raffle or something to celebrate my “blogversary” last March. Unfortunately, I’ve been busy ~ and still is. Last year, I posted about how an EPS worker or a holder of the E-9 visa could apply for the E-7 visa so that he/she would have the chance to become a resident in Korea.

How to Change E9 to E7 visa

A few months ago, I learned that an acquaintance used to have the E-9 visa but was able to change it to the F-2-6 visa. This is a resident visa given to skilled workers. Current E-9 visa holders may apply for this visa, although the requirements are steeper than for the E-7 visa.

< h4>Qualifications:

1. Those who are employed with the E-9, E-10 or H-2 visa at the time of application.

2. In the past ten years, has worked for at least 3 years in the manufacturing, construction, agriculture and fishery sector

3. The average annual wage earned in the past two years should be more than the annual wage of the workers in Korea (34 million won).

4. Shall have assets of 20 million won or more within the past year (cash in bank, investments, key deposit)

5. Must be at least 20 years old.

6. Korean language level: TOPIK 3 or KIIP 4

Required Documents:

1. Documents that can prove that the deposit balance of more than 20 million won over the past one year has been maintained, a copy of real estate registration book worth more than 20 million won

A copy of the real estate lease agreement or other document that the Minister of Justice recognizes as equivalent to the document certifying that you or your family members have a livelihood.

2. Documents that can prove the past employment activity such as certificate of employment and certificate of career. However, exemption can be granted if it can be verified through immigration information management system.

3. Documents to prove that you are going to be employed in a field that corresponds to your current status of residence, such as a certificate of employment expectation, a standard labor contract, etc.

※ Applicable industries of the “Technical Skills Qualification”
※ If there is no ‘Technical Skills Qualification’ then proof of employment in the same industry for 3 years in the past 10 years

4. Documents certifying the qualification corresponding to Attachment 1

5. Documents that can prove wage income such as receipts withholding from earned income (payslip)

6. Proof of Korean Language Proficiency Test (less than 2 years)

Ineligibility: those who cannot apply for this visa

1. Those who have the following facts in violation of the Immigration Control Act within two years from the date of application:
~ The fact that a fine of more than 1 million won was confirmed
~ The fact that the notification of disposition of more than 1 million won or the disposition of fine
~ The fact that the notice of disposition of three or more times or the disposition of fine
~ The fact that you have not paid any penalties or penalties imposed

2. A person who has received a sentence from the court

3. A person whose residence (F-2) status has been revoked pursuant to Article 9

※ Article 9: Those who changed F-2 by forced eviction, falsified or fraudulent means

4. Persons who fall under the immigration prohibition grounds under Article 11 (1) of the Immigration Control Act

If you think you qualify for the F-2-6 visa, collect all your documents and apply as soon as you can. It will take time for the immigration office to verify and process the changing of the visa.

Once someone acquired the F-2-6 visa, he or she may be on his way to becoming a permanent resident by applying for the F-5 visa.

Good luck!

In Korean:

E9비자로 취업한 외국인은 일정자격을 갖출 경우
F-2-6비자 자격으로 자격변경신청이 가능합니다.

외국인-거주(F-2-6) 숙련생산기능외국인 조건

1. 신청 당시 E-9,˙E-10 또는 H-2 자격으로 취업하고 있는 자로서
2. 과거 5년 이내에 산업연수 D-3, 연수취업 E-8,비전문취업 E-9,선원취업 E-10 또는 방문취업 H-2 자격으로 3년 이상의 기간동안 제조업˙건설업˙농업˙어업 분야에서 취업한 자로서 아래 내용 충족

○ 한국산업인력공단에서 실시하는 검정을 통해 기술˙기능자격을 취득했거나 최근2년간 받은 연평균 임금소득이 근로자 연간 임금 총액(12개월분 임금총액을 합산한 금액-2009년 기준 3,600만원) 이상일 것.

○ 본인 또는 생계를 같이하는 가족이 2천만원 이상의 자산을 보유하는 등 생계유지능력을 갖추고 있을 것

○ 대한민국 「민법」상 성년자일 것 (※만20세)

○ 한국교육과정평가원 시행 한국어 능력시험에서 3급이상 등급을 취득한 자일 것.

[네번째 조건 면제 대상 – 제1호에서 정하고 있는 기술˙기능자격등급 중 사업기사 이상 보유자, 대한민국에서 초중등교육법 또는 고등교육법에 규정된 고등학교 또는 대학(산업대,교육대,전문대,방송통신대 포함)의 교육과정을 2년 이상 수료한 자]

[ 자격변경 구비서류 ]

1. 최근 1년 이상 2천만원 이상의 예금 잔고가 유지되었음을 증명할 수 있는 서류, 2천만원 이상에 해당하는 부동산등기부등본

부동산전세계약서사본 또는 기타 이에 상당하다고 법무부장관이 인정하는 서류로서 본인 또는 생계를 같이하는 가족이 생계 유지능력을 갖추고 있음을 증명하는 서류

2. 재직증명서, 경력증명서 등 과거 취업활동 사실을 증명할 수 있는 서류. 단, 출입국정보관리시스템을 통해 확인이 가능한 경우에는 면제 가능

3. 취업예정사실증명서, 표준근로계약서 등 향후 ‘종전 체류자격에 해당하는 분야에서 취업활동을 할 것임을 증명할 수 있는 서류
※ 신청 외국인이 보유하고 있는 ‘기술˙기능자격’의 해당 산업분야
※ ‘기술˙기능자격’이 없는 경우 최근 10년 동안 3년 이상 취업활동을 하던 산업분야

4. 별표 1에 해당하는 자격을 증명하는 서류

5. 근로소득원천징수영수증 등 임금소득을 증명할 수 있는 서류

6. 한국어 능력시험 성적표, 또는 국내에서 고등학교 이상의 교육과정을 2년 이상 수료하거나 졸업했음을 증명하는 서류

[ 불허대상 ]

1. 신청일로부터 2년 이내에 출입국관리법 위반으로 인한 다음과 같은 사실이 있는 자
가. 벌금 100만원 이상의 확정판결을 받은 사실
나. 100만원 이상의 통고처분 또는 과태료 처분을 받은 사실
다. 3회 이상의 통고처분 또는 과태료 처분을 받은 사실
라. 부과된 범칙금 또는 과태료를 납부하지 않은 사실

2. 금고 이상의 형의 선고를 받은 사실이 있는 자

3. 제9조에 의해 거주(F-2) 자격이 취소된 자

※ 제9조 : 강제퇴거, 허위 또는 부정한 방법으로 F-2 변경한 자

4. 출입국관리법 제11조제1항의 입국금지 사유에 해당하는 자

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: