Ambassador of the Year – Raul Hernandez

1. Mark Scrooby says:

What a great story! It is always so uplifting to hear about public servants actually having an interest in and compassion with the people they are set to serve. More public servants should be following his example, actually people in general should be!

2. That’s great that he wants to do so much to strengthen the ties between South Korea and the Philippines. Seems like a great fit to be ambassador!

3. Jackie says:

This is so good to hear! We just had problems with our own embassy here in Beijing recently. I am envious and wish he could come over as well, haha. I wish I had been able to join some of those events you mentioned. Hope to join next time, and maybe I’ll get to see an ambassador as well! 🙂

4. Congratulations to the incoming ambassador! I would think that he would have wanted to be friendly just starting out a new position with ties to the community. I’m glad you got to meet and that he was as motivated as you say!

5. What a terrific opportunity to meet such an influential man that’s ties so closely mirror your own! I must say, though, that this guy has quitethe job being the Ambassador to/from countries embroiled in political strife. He seems to be handling it in stride,though, so I’m sure that award was of little surprise!

6. abcdefghizzy says:

An ambassador who doesn’t hide in office is someone worthy of the title. Great to know that we Filipinos have people like himself representing us abroad! 😀

7. Rocio Cadena says:

What a great way for you to get a true sense of what it’s like to be an ambassador. When I was younger and first learned about diplomat jobs, I thought it was a perfect job and was interested in possibly attempting to do it but then I learned how competitive it is and quickly gave up. I wonder how long he’s been in Korea and if he’s going to stay here much longer? Some of my friends’ parents are Romanian diplomats and they have had to move around every few years.

8. Nicole says:

Aw what a cool guy! I have no idea who the ambassador of the British embassy is but I bet he’s no where near as hardworking as him. It’s great that there is someone making sure that South Korea and The Philippines have such close ties!

9. Alla says:

Thank you for shining some light on life and duties of an ambassador. I’ve also always wondered if they just hang inside the embassy and help with paperwork or problems of the citizens of his/her country.

10. What a cool public servant! I love how he bonds with Filipinos, he seems down to earth. We are indeed lucky to have him as an ambassador.