Layover in Korea with Philippine Passport

1. Hi, I’m planning to visit Philippines in December and am trying to get the JFK – ICN – HK and MNL – ICN – JFK flights. Also, I’m considering the 15-hour layover in Incheon, so does this mean that I can go outside the airport and roam around Seoul in that matter? I am also a US green card holder but have a Philippine passport πŸ™‚ Thank you!

2. Pauline says:

Thank you so much! I don’t have to do anything other than the usual, right? 😊 I think I would have to go there too

3. Cecil Frances says:

Hi, I’m a Filipino and I have a PH passport and a US Visa. I have a 25 hr lay over in Korea. Do I still need a Korean Visa? I asked some travel agencies here and they said that I still need to. Is it true?

You don’t need a Korean visa if your final destination is the US or if you have a US resident visa. You can even stay up to 30 days.

• Cecil Frances says:

I am not a US resident visa holder. Just a J1(exchange student) visa. Is it still possible? I heard from a friend that it’s possible to stay up to 72 hours as long as you have an outbound flight within 72hrs. *I hope it’s true for getting a visa Korean visa this late is a little bit impossible*

4. SHB says:

So if my final destination is Australia and I plan to book my flight from Philippines to Korea to Australia, I can stay for up to 30 days right? What would the Immigration require then so I can prepare pls πŸ™‚

5. Daniel Thomas says:

Hi I am a filipino passport holder and I have Chinese Resident & Work visa. And I will be flying through Incheon Airport in S. Korea. Unfortunately I will have 7.5 hour layover. And since my brother was staytioned in Gunsansi at the US AirForce base. Anyways, to make a long story short. Would I need a visa to go outside the airport and visit my brother for a couple hours?

6. Ferdy says:

Hello, I have a Philippines passport and traveling from Canada. when I come back here in Canada, I have a layover in Incheon, South Korea for 12 hours. Do I need to apply for South Korean visa? Thanks

HI Ferdy! No need to apply for South Korean visa. You just tell the immigration that you want to spend your layover outside the airport. My sister was here last month on a layover from the US, she was given 1 month to stay.

7. Gladiel says:

Hi my wife is a filipino passport holder and with canada visitor visa her flight have 6 hours layover to Incheon. Do we need to get Korea transit visa?

8. Phem G. says:

Hello,

Good day. Thanks for the information.

I would like to confirm again tho. I will be traveling to USA using K1 Visa 2nd week of January and I’m planning to stay in Korea for 2 days to visit a friend.
    Do I still need a visit visa or is it alright to use my K1 US visa?

I appreciate your answer.

Thanks!
    Phem

9. Jomelyn Borlaza says:

Hello. I have a Philippine passport and a working visa. I am bound to Saipan. Layover is 22hours. Do I need a transit visa? Thanks in advance for your response.

10. Angelie says:

Hi! I just wanted to asked, I’m a US greencard holder but holding a Philippine passport do I need to have a visa going to Korea? It’s not a layover but I wanted to visit Korea and stay there for a week would that be possible for me? I’ve been searching for the last two months if I really need a visa going there and I still don’t have a clear answer to it. I hope you could help me thank you so much

Hi Angelie! When my sister (a green card holder) visited last April, she was told to get a Korean visa and so she did. She went to the US in May and she traveled back to the Philippines last November with a layover in Korea and she was given a 30-day permit (stamp) to stay in Korea.

• Angelie says:

so the stamp was for the layover if you want to stay in kore right? and I will need a visa if i go there from the US? Am I correct? i kind of get it a little thank you

11. ds says:

Hi there, So I’m living in Canada (permanent resident) but holding a PH Passport. After my vacation in Philippines I’m planning to visit S.Korea for 5-7 days then fly to back to Canada. In my case, do I still need to apply for Korean Tourist Visa?

TIA!

12. Michelle says:

Hi, I have a flight Cebu, Philippines to Korea (for layover of 9hours) I just wonder if its enough to see the city and how does it work to get like a day access? My connecting flight going to Canada will have a layover in Korea. Im holding a Filipino passport, and Visitors Visa then Work Permit for Canada. Thank you

13. Hi, I’m a Philippine passport holder but I will not go to the five countries stated above. I will be having long layovers in Incheon bound to and coming from Rome. Should I apply for a visa to Korea as well?

Transit visa is not necessary for long layovers as long as you stay inside the secured perimeter of the airport. If you have less than a day-long layover, you could join the transit tours being offered by Incheon Airport and you won’t need a visa.

14. paoperiano says:

Hi again, Ms. Betchay! I just got a little confused here; so before I actually book another flight, I wanted to make sure of this:

So I have this confirmed return flight from Manila to the US on February 5 – Manila to Seoul (with 6 hour layover) to NY. I am aware that I do not need a visa to go around South Korea during my layover, and that I am allowed to stay there for 30 days. But I was thinking of not boarding my flight from Seoul to NY on the same day, but get an outbound ticket a which departs a couple days later – Seoul to Beijing to NY.

My concern is, if my Seoul to Beijing to NY flight is a valid requirement for them to let me board the flight when I leave Seoul. I mean, will they consider the original flight which is Manila to Seoul to NY in allowing me to enter South Korea? I am worried about the Seoul to Beijing to NY flight if it would cause me any problem during my stay and departure in/from Seoul.

Hoping for your response!

15. Hi! So I have residence permit from Uk my husband and daughter is British citizen and I have Pilipino passport we were planning to stop over in korea for 48hrs before we go back to uk,do I need to get a visa?thanks

16. Karina Briguera says:

Hi,

I am a Filipino living in the Cayman Islands and have a valid Canadian Tourist visa. I am travelling home via Toronto to Incheon to Manila this February. I am planning to a few stay days in Seoul. I am ready to book my tickets but I am a little hesitant as I am not sure if I will be allowed to stay. My final destination is Manila. Would this be an issue?