No Black, No Filipino, No Asian

1. Correction: It’s E2 Visa for Native English Teachers. ^^

2. anastasia steele says:

This is very discriminating. Really! i felt bad for our race to be continuously ridiculed by fellow Asians. I hope there comes a time that we will equally be treated in all parts of the world.
    For all Filipinos, I guess we need to start loving our own race and be proud of what we are and who we are. Let’s do things that can eventually prove them that we are different from what they think.

3. Andrew says:

It’s actually “Please” not “Pls”. We’re glad to know that you don’t like your own kind. An Asian country who doesn’t like “Asians”.

Koreans are also sometimes discriminated at English hagwons. They do the most work and don’t get paid much.

4. danessa1 says:

Don’t let anybody feel like a victim when reading this ad. Kung ayaw di ayaw, di ayaw. We’re good at certain things that will make them bend on their knees. Let that be our weapon.

I prefer a blunt statement all the time so both sides won’t have to waste time, but that’s just me 😀

5. ELIZABETH MALINAY says:

hi betchay..im beth also im here in geongsangnamdo..i just asking a question about how to teach english by online..im also a house and i dont have any experience to work here in korea for almost 5 years..i hope u have time to read my comment..godbless and thank you for sharing ur life here in korea~~~

6. josa says:

Damn thing. Its how they rated it. Look for a native speaker teacher in the schools most of them are empty because they cant handle their own class. As if they take the huge part in handling the class. A big No.

7. Marceline says:

I stand corrected but not rejected.If Filipinos are being rejected to teach English in Korea why would they go to the Philippines and learn the same language wherein teachers are mostly full blooded Filipinos.It is disheartening to know that racial discrimination has been practiced….

• Liz says:

Most tutorial centers here in Korea prefer Caucasian teachers from native English speaking countries (especially North America) because according to the hagwon owners I know, 1.English is their native language
      2. Most parents want their children to learn the language from a Caucasian teacher (My take? Asian mentality) and because of this, having a blue eyed, blonde hair and white skinned teacher is a good way to attract customers.

@Marceline, I used to ask the same question especially on my first year here in Korea.
      The reason why Koreans go to the Philippines is the price of education. It is way cheaper there compared to the U.S., Australia, England, Canada or New Zealand.

8. Boompanes says:

I bet that’s psychological, people pay higher if they know the person is a real english speaker with english features and aspects. It’s like comparing pony shoes to nike. same quality but there’s a different mindset when you use each of them, with nike being more superior because it widely advertised by the media at ito yung “Uso”. Oh wait, ganyan rin naman taung mga pilipino ah? Judgmental, mahilig manlait kahit hindi natin alam anong pinagdaanan nung tao. tsk tsk tsk.