The First Gay Wedding in Korea

1. anna says:

So great to see. A tiny step,but a step still. I hope they(gay people) really get to live more freely there.

2. sajangnim says:

The more accurate terminology would be same-sex marriage. Gay men and lesbians are allowed and often do marry members of the opposite sex.

3. Good for them 🙂

I can’t help but root for love in these kinds of situations. After all, just a few decades ago I wouldn’t have been allowed to marry my Korean boyfriend in certain countries because we are of a different race.

In your country? Oh that’s unexpected. My husband said that in Korea, there are some families that do not allow marriages with the same family names. So if a woman’s last name is “Park” for example, she can’t marry someone named “Park” even if they are not remotely related. They would need to ask permission from the elderly.

• No, I’m European and in my country interracial marriages basically didn’t exist few decades ago so it didn’t occur to anyone to outlaw them 🙂 But interracial marriages were illegal in the US, weren’t they?

Yeah, my boyfriend also told me if they have same Chinese character for last name it was taboo to marry because they were considered related.

4. roy villa says:

Your observation about the reaction of most Koreans are quite insightful. I don’t know if you’d agree with me but I find their reaction to be indifferent. I was expecting outrage because I thought Koreans are traditional in terms of rigid roles of gender.

I was expecting the same. I thought there would be outrage but nobody I know is really concerned about them. Priorities perhaps?

5. Satguru Shirdi ke Sai baba ki Jai Ho… Baba is known as an Indian Guru and Yogi if you have any experience about this God you can share with other devotees – you can access form here shirdi ke sai baba live darshan

6. Steph says:

Oh im so happy for them :))
    Love is Love anyways and for people who hate Homosexuality no one chose to be Homosexuals they are born that way and since when did you choose to be a Heterosexual? Hahaha
    Anyways a lot of people still doesn’t know the difference between Gay and Transsexual people

Gays are just like your normal boyfriend or brother etc Tbh. Because i met a lot of gays and they’re not the sissy ones and don’t wear girl’s clothes like in the Philippines. Actually what i see in the Philippines are actually not gay people they are transsexuals.

Well Transsexuals are those people who want to be the opposite sex and and love there same sex.
    Gays are just guys who are satisfied being guys and love the same sex :/

Anyways another congratulations to them ^^

7. foxylady says:

Well at least gay koreans are now more open unlike before. Good for them.

8. Luis says:

This is a bullshit, people should learn bible…

9. Web Henyo says:

nabasa ko ito the last time i checked korea herald.