A Gentleman’s Dignity

There is only one Korean actor that I DON’T want to see in person, and that’s my ultimate fave – Jang Dong Gun! He may not be the top Hallyu star nowadays but he is still an A-lister in Korea’s entertainment industry.

Why do I love JDG? It’s because he was in the first Korean drama I followed – All About Eve. I easily fell in love with him and Chae Rim! Of course, All About Eve remains as one of my favorite all-time Korean drama that I still watch from to time. Whew!

It has been 12 years since JDG did All About Eve. It has also been 12 years since the first time I became a Korean entertainment fan. This year, JDG is back on television with a weekend drama called “A Gentleman’s Dignity” after years of concentrating on doing movies.

Jang Dong Gun in A Gentleman’s Dignity

I haven’t seen a bit of “A Gentleman’s Dignity”. I have a policy of not watching a drama until it’s over. Hehehe… But I keep seeing their poster, especially at Chae Sun Dang – the Korean shabu-shabu chain restaurant that I love ;p I’ve also been browsing pictures of the drama from their official site on SBS.

The drama is doing quite well on the ratings game, placing second to consistent first placer “Gag Concert”. Three OSTs have already been released as well. I have yet to get a copy. Of course, I’d love to get souvenirs of the drama too.

12 thoughts on “A Gentleman’s Dignity

• June 18, 2012 at 4:52 am

Hi! I love this drama, too.
    My name is Ivy. Actually I am looking for a filipina mom who can be my friend. I am 30’s korean and live in seoul with my hus and my 15-month babygirl.
    I want to meet you around Sa-dang station in Seoul and talk about anything – this drama, in-laws :), babies, and so on.

We can exchange lanuages-korean and english and share some worries .

A mom who have a baby as old as mine is better for us cause 2 babies can play together. please email me.

• June 18, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Hi Ivy! Too bad I live far and my son is a pre-schooler, but I’m sure there are other moms out there who may be interested ;p

• June 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Thanks, i am looking forward to it.
        By the way, aside from this board, where can I write my message to find my filipina friend in this site?
        (Of course, I love this site. Your are the best bloger I have ever seen.)

• June 18, 2012 at 1:38 pm

All About Eve…One of my favorite korean drama too…:)
    JDG is so handsome…Glad to know he is in a new drama series…

• June 18, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Ms.Betchay!

I love him too. He is my No.2 after RAIN )) I also get like him after watching All about Eve. Great dorama! Both the plot, OST and acting are excellent.

Btw, speaking about souvenirs, once I tried to send you a souvenir (on the address you wrote on the box with Rain’s souvenirs collection sent to me) but my parcel returned back (((

I hope to meet you one day (if it is ok with you) and give it personally now ))

• June 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hi! We moved to a new home in July of last year. I guess that’s why it came back to you. Thank you anyway. For me, it’s always the thought that counts.

• June 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I knew it all along that you’ll be blogging about this^^ I already included this on my watch lists ..

• June 21, 2012 at 9:43 pm

i’m currently this and it just so funny and i’m totally loving it.the four actors are really good.

• June 26, 2012 at 3:40 am

Hi?my name is Archie from Tanzania 26 years old looking for friend please contact with me

• June 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

When i saw JDG in the drama AGD, i thought about Ms. Bechay blogging about it 🙂 I’m always looking forward to watch the drama every weekend. You’ll also love the sound track of the indie band Big baby Driver. The lyrics of the songs are written in english.

• June 28, 2012 at 9:20 am

Oh my! Is it that obvious? I haven’t seen the drama and I’ve stopped reading some of my FB friends posting how they couldn’t wait for the next episode! Aissshhh! Glad that I’m going to be busier starting next week ;p

• August 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

woah! nung panahon na yun e nabalitaan ko na yung all bout eve. (news, reporting..)pero til now, hindi ko alam na si jdg pala yun. hahaha. basta ang alam ko lang e taegukgi! hehehe