Representative Jasmine Lee

1. shie says:

My sincerest wishes to our fellow Filipina, Jasmine Lee.

As we mature in life (not as we age), we come to realize our vulnerability to low self-esteem, to how people think of us, to how we make impressions on others. As we gain wisdom, it becomes easy for us to admit our past mistakes, our weaknesses and our gullibility. Understanding of situation does not emerge on the frames on the wall, the brand of the learning institute, the high accomplishments nor from one’s economic status or of the richness of one’s birth of origin.

It doesn’t matter where I am right now. What’s important is where my heart goes. And my heart is saying out loud how proud I am of those Filipinos, and the SKeans as well, who didn’t judge like gods; who didn’t see the dark dot on the good intentions; who thought the glass was half-full and not half-empty.

Indeed, as we mature we gain wisdom. We are not bothered by simpletons anymore. Just like how we realized long time ago that controversies are created by fears, insecurities and jealousies, while those who easily believe and judge are products of ignorance, superiority complex and discontentment in life.

What’s written on the crap papers are the same shit as what comes of the mouth of someone who always see the wrong and the dirt.

To Ms. Lee, “The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.”

2. kim.. says:

wow! congratulations…we are happy for you!

3. peachie says:

Congratulations Ms. Jasmine Lee!!! We are so proud of you! 😀

4. ellen says:

mabuhay, jasmine lee! make us proud .

5. venus says:

This is somthing to be proud about!!!

6. Korean dropping by says:

Hello, I am a Korean who dropped here by chance and read this nice story.

Congrats to Ms. Lee and the Filipino community. I am sure she will be a big asset to South Korea in the coming days. Once again, best wishes and congratulations.

7. honeybee says:

Jasmine Lee should be a 100 of 100% Korean to work as a Korean politician, who will spend huge amount of Korean tax money.

It is said that almost half million US dollar is spent for one Korean congressman annually. This half million US dollar will go to her salary, her deputies, her secretaries, her office management, her expenditures, various benefits. And she will get a special pension from Korean government for her lifetime as a retired congress woman in the future.

From now on, for her lifetime, Jasmine Lee is a 100 of 100% Korean. Jasmine Lee is representing Korea and she works 100% solely for Korea.

8. Baek Seung Jo says:

Congratulations!

9. noyma says:

Congratulations Jasmine! The Korean people will not regret in giving her a congressional seat.

10. John says:

Congratulations Ms. Jasmine Lee!

I am a Korean living in Davao as a Catholic Missionary.
    It could be not easy to be a politician as a Congress woman in South Korea, but I am sure that you will manage it with a large group of supporters from Korea and Philippines.

Congratulations again Ms. Jasmine and all Filipinos in Korea!

11. -0- says:

Congratulations! Jasmine… Please thinking what Korean want and multi culture families. As you know there is lot of people still dont like u and believe you even supporter of Saenuri party.
    Saenuri party is conservative camp. You have to know that also in Korea illegal immigration getting more issue so u should have to make protection for regal immigrant peoples from illegal immigrant..If u protect illegal immigrant mean u lose all the expectation from us. We koreans are most welcome combination of multiculture families and Korean in our society… =) Please do your best. Your Korean and give us what we want =)

HI! I understand the sentiments of the conservative Koreans. I’ve been living here for nine years and I think of Korea more as my country, because of my son. (But of course, I’m still very much in touch with my Filipino roots) Jasmine feels the same way. Our home country is the Philippines but our life is in Korea. She had mentioned in her interviews that she wants to see a Korea that doesn’t distinguish the multicultural family. I feel the same, although that reality may still be a few decades away. I’m thankful that the Korean government is doing its best to integrate the immigrant spouses to its society. There are more programs for the multicultural family than during my first years here. We don’t really need more welfare, as some of us can very well take care of our financial needs. Unlike the immigrant workers, our stake in Korea is more personal.

• -0- says:

Hi Betchay =)
        I always enjoy ur posting =) thanx for that. I really understand and agree what ur saying =) Multicultural families are also member of our society now. But as you know still there is Prejudice to multicultural families child. That is what we Korean should fix…. And hopefully Jasmine will Contribute that kind of situation as well =)
        How’s Korean anyway?? I’m live in switzerland so I always miss Korea ////(I’m 유학생) haha

12. kit says:

Congrats po, Miss Jasmine! =)

13. akishta says:

Congrats Ms. Jazmine Lee!! You make us proud. You may no longer a Filipino citizen now but your heart is always a Filipino by helping and representing those multicultural families their in SK..
    More power and GOD bless..

14. ann says:

Wow!… Congrats! I’m happy for her… Keep up the good work…

15. Werna J. says:

You should be proud of yourself Jasmine. Congratulations! You’ve achieved a lot in life! How old are you again?

-Werna

16. jeni says:

Hi jasmine, congratulation for the seat you’ve got.I’m so proud of you and eager to follow your footsteps but I’m not you.anyway, I really want to live in korea for good but my visa is not ok.now I have korean boyfriend and his willing to marry me and so do i but I’m married in the philippines and long time separated and yet not legally in papers.I find korea as my home and I love the people as well their culture.that’s why I want to live her for good together with my boyfriend whom I love so much.I know through Your power,ability and for the love of your country people I know you can help me.thank you so much and Godbless you

17. Regin Penaflor-Anacay says:

Hi Jazmine!

Nakikibunyi ako sa tagumpay na iyong natamo sa ibayong dagat (South Korea) at iyong naipamalas ang galing ng Pinay! Im so inspired by your success…

Ako’y nagagalak dahil napag-alaman ko na pareho tayo ng advocacy sa buhay… Sa kasalukuyan, kabahagi ako ng isang NGO dito sa Angeles Pampangga na naghahangad na tumulong sa mga Kopino kids at mga magulang nito. Wala pang isang linggo kami nag uumpisa at hangad kong magkaroon ng ugnayan sa iyong opisina para maisulong ang ganitong adhikain…

Umaasa ako na makapanayam ka sa lalong madaling panahon.

Gumagalang,

Regin (Certified Social Worker)

Hi Regin! Ako si Betchay, ang blogger dito at taga-Angeles City din ako. Ipagpatuloy mo advocacy mo, kung kailangan ninyo ng assistance ni Jaz I could tell her about your organization.

• OBERA CHRISTINE A says:

Good morning. How are you Ms. Blogger Betchay? I’m Christine, also married to a Korean man and living in Daejon City S.K. for almost 9 years now. I just saw about the interview of Ms. Lee in Arirang chanel about Multiculturism a while ago. But it didn’t say about the contact information. I have to find my dreams as well. So, I just want to know how to get there and to enroll the called “Dream School” of Jasmin Lee. I am hoping for your kind consideration. Thank you and God bless.

18. OBERA CHRISTINE A says:

Hi Christine! Tapos na daw ang enrolment for this year. First year kasi na in-offer so 20 students lang. Sa susunod na i-open nila I will post it here.