Koreans and Onions at Costco

1. mayee says:

right,their bulgogi bake is the best!it’s too filling and cheap;p

2. Web Henyo says:

mahilig din ako sa raw onions, garlic and other spices.. 😀

3. pollo says:

I am a long-time Costco member in the US and one of my favorite food in the US Costco food court is a hotdog. I always eat a hotdog with chopped raw onion which Costco is always serving.

Yes, you can always find the chopped raw onion in the US Costco because many Americans eat hotdogs with chopped raw onion.

Mexicans always eat burritos together with chopped raw onion and chopped raw pepper(jalapeno – Mexican pepper). If you like the Korean food, probably you would like the Mexican food as well. The Mexican food is also very hot and spicy, using onion and jalapeno a lot.

A few years ago, I didn’t notice Koreans eat that much onions at Costco. I know Americans eat hotdogs with onions, but not a plateful as a side dish. Anyway, onions is good for our body. When I was pregnant and my blood pressure was high, my husband would slice a big onion and put it in the food processor with an apple. I drank that to lower my blood pressure ;p

4. pollo says:

Walmart failed and withdrew from Korea, but Costco is getting popularity in Korea where Costco has 7 branches. Costco is very active to expand its business in the Korean market.

H-Mart (한아름 in Korean) is also very active to expand its business in the US market. The Korean-owned H-Mart is the biggest Asian market chain in the US and is operating 39 branches in the US 12 states and the D.C.

When you miss the Korean food during your visit to the US,
    you can go shopping in the local H-Mart branches.
    If you want to find H-Mart in the US,
    here http://www.hmart.com/company_new/shop_main.asp

5. Jim says:

Ah the peasant platter! So classy!