DAMAYAN is a Filipino group based in Incheon, South Korea. Early this year, they formed a folk dance group focusing on showcasing Filipino traditional dances. They have been featured on Arirang TV and they also graced the Multicultural Festival of the National Folk Museum of South Korea. They have been performing in various events in different places in South Korea. Kudos to their hardworking dancers, especially for showing Filipino folk dances.
On Saturday, October 1st, DAMAYAN will have a “Little Damayan Festival”. The event will start at 4:30 in the afternoon until 6 PM. The venue is “ë¶€í‰ë¬¸í™”ì˜ ê±°ë¦¬” or Bupyeong Cultural Street. To get there, you can take subway line 1 and get off at Bupyeong Station (exit 7) or at Bupyeong Market (exit 2).
There will be an exhibit featuring “Photowalk Pictures and Drawing”, “Collection of Letters between Moms and Kids” and “Little Damayan History”. There is also a Samulnori, Korean traditional music.
Here’s the Main Program:
1. Congratulatory Speeches (Korea Foundation for Women BB project-in-charge, Incheon Women’s Hotline Chairman, Damayan Adviser, Damayan Representative)
2. Song: Munting Tinig
3. Candlelight Dance: Pandanggo sa Ilaw
4. Dance: Hawaii 5-O
5. Drama: ìš°ë¦¬ ì—„ë§ˆ í•„ë¦¬í•€, ìš°ë¦¬ ì•„ë¹ í•œêµì¸, ë‚˜ëŠ”?… ë¦¬ë“¤ ë‹¤ë§ˆì–€, í•œêµì¸!
6. Dance: ì™œì´ëŸ¬ë‹ˆ
7. Dance: Katawan
8. Guest Performance by Superwoman
9. Awarding of Prizes for the Drawing Contest
10. Fashion Show
11. Song: ì•„ë¦„ë‹¤ì€ ìƒˆìƒ
12. Closing Remarks
If you still don’t have any plan on Saturday, why not join the Little Damayans. Introduce your kids to Filipino culture and get to meet other Korean-Filipino/Filipino-Korean kids, too!