Rated K: Byaheng Korea 2

This isn’t the first time that Korea is featured on Korina Sanchez’s Sunday show on ABS-CBN, Rated K. I first learned that they are going to feature Korea again when last January, two of their researchers contacted me asking about how to get in touch with KIST Daegu and if there are any interesting stories/Filipinos in Korea that they could feature on the show. They were supposed to come in March but it was postponed until this month.

The first part of Byaheng Korea was shown tonight. The show featured places to visit (like Bukcheon, Lotte World, Cheonggyecheon, Hongdae), food to try (samgyetang, tteokbokki, bbundaegi), festivals to attend (Jindo sea parting), the controversial ENGKEY (English-teaching robot), things to do (noraebang and shopping) and of course: Hallyu! Oops, they didn’t feature the latest makeup craze in Korea nor any human growth hormone supplements.

The second part of the show will be shown next week and watch out for that. You might just get tips about working in Korea (not really sure but who knows ;p)

If you failed to watch the first part, you could check TFC Now or your favorite pirate site ;p

12 thoughts on “Rated K: Byaheng Korea 2

• May 30, 2011 at 10:00 am

I hope I can catch this episode, since they requested three of my videos for the show. It looks like they at least showed part of my Jindo video, since you mentioned it.

Great reporting on this event!

• May 30, 2011 at 5:22 pm

yes! the controversial ENGKEY….
    mukha ng mga puti eh boses ng mga FILIPINO teacher yung nasa likod nito..
    kakainis!

• May 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I’ve watched the first episode and was so mesmerized upon knowing the voice behind the cute ENGKEY is a Filipina from Makati. Its undeniable that Filipinos strike everywhere. Can’t wait to watch the remaining episode…

• June 1, 2011 at 8:54 am

I’m not really sure whether I’d be happy that the voice behind that obviously Western face on the ENGKEY is a Filipina. But hey, it gives us jobs ;p

• June 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Exactly! that’s the main point…Thanks for the reply ms. Betchay..GOD bless and more power to your blog….

• June 1, 2011 at 8:49 pm

GMA 7’s I-Witness also aired a documentary about Korea although it was more focused on Korean dramas last May 9. They were able to interview Eugene (Baker King), Joo Won (Baker King), Song Il Gook (Jumong), Kim Joon (Boys Over Flowers) plus the PD of the 4 season dramas Yoon Seok Ho and the editor-in-chief of a magazine. They also wanted to interview Yoon Shi Yoon but they said he was busy filming a movie. They were also able to visit Jeju Island <3 and the set of Baker King. Too bad it was limited to 30 minutes so a lot of footage were not included.

• June 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm

There’s also Korean invasion here in Baguio. I want to watch this ep, makes me want to go there more. Engkey? haha! I’m curious.

• June 6, 2011 at 7:14 am

Hello I can’t wait to watch the next episode,, I really want to work in korea but i heard that the only way to work their is to pass the Korean Language Test (KLT). If I pass this test i will have an opportunity to work as factory worker. It’s ok but i preferred to work as IT or any skilled work like graphic artist. ^^ god bless thanks

• June 6, 2011 at 10:53 am

Too bad but it seems they won’t show the other clips they took in Korea… or we’ll just have to wait.

• June 14, 2011 at 4:45 pm

hi, just want to ask, is it possible for a tourist visa holder to acquire a job in korea and eventually change the visa status from tourist to work visa?

• June 14, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Hi! Kung sakaling makahanap ka ng trabaho rito habang turista, kailangan pa rin na sa Pilipinas ayusin ang iyong visa. Pati mgamay tourist visa na nag-asawa ng Korean, pinapauwi na rin para ayusin ang visa.

• July 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I watched this in the Philippines, and I am proud to be a part of the company, where the first ENGKEY class. Filipinos are so blessed to have such talents; although at times we are being discriminated. But Filipinos are something worth for having so much knowledge when it comes to English.