Marriage and Birth Registration in Korea

1. oxana says:

Hey)) Olleh KT)) Do you now that you can do cheapest International call from Korea to Philippines using KT….My boyfriend is in Korea now…We are in touch through KT 00345 International service, which is cheapest in Korea…It’s only 5 won per second…Try it))

2. jehan says:

@ oxana, thanks but i also suggest your boyfriend try the LUKAS international calling card. I have 72 minutes for 10,000 only…
    even Filipino-owned shops here recommend it…

3. kang laarni says:

how if they are single her and they planning to married what kind of requirement they are going to prepare??asap please my amail my number 01029922600..

4. JM says:

hello..

how about if the baby is going to be born in Korea? (Korean mother and Filipino father) What is the procedure for that? Should i also register my baby at the phil embassy? and do you have any knowledge of what name the baby should follow – korean or filipino name, or is it possible to have both names registered?

5. Lai says:

Hi I just have one question. I read the information provided on this site, and it is clear to me that the process of the report of marriage in Korea takes only three days, however, my husband told me that it takes seven days. Do you have any idea why is it so? or they have new policy required by the city hall in Korea now?. I’m sorry I just want to know, because this is the only document I am waiting for so I can get an interview at the CFO in the Philippines. Thank you so much. I am looking forward to hear it from you soon. God bless.

6. Chrys says:

Hi,

I just want to ask if can I still register the birth of my daughter in the Philippine embassy. She is already 3 years old here Korea. I want her also to obtain a dual citizenship just like my other friend’s children. Is it already late to register? If not, what are the requirements needed.

7. alhex says:

im unmarried girl and i have 2 korean baby and born in philippines and they acknowlegde by their father in their birth certificate,,, i just want to know if do i need to register them in korean embassy for them to become korean or dual citizenship???

Hi Alhex! You should ask their Korean father to inquire at the Korean Embassy. However, from what I know they will not get Korean citizenship unless the parents are legally married.

8. di says:

Hi. Am pregnant amd filipino. My husband is korean. Am just wondering how we should name our baby. Can I put korean and english names in baby’s birth certificate?
    Thanks.

That’s possible now, but you could also choose a name that doesn’t sound too Korean. A friend’s daughter is named Christine (Korean spelling though) and my son has a classmate (who is pure Korean) named Esther (Korean spelling).

9. rio says:

Hi! My baby was born here in the philippines and we are planning to go to korea next month. He’s 2month old. He will be traveling with me and my korean husband. Just wanna ask if you have idea kung anu ang travel documents n kelangan ng baby q? And kelangan pb ny kumuha ng visa s korean embassy? Thank you in advance s reply 🙂 God Bless!

• jlmcha says:

Hi rio. We have the same situation. Does your son have a passport already? And do you have your visa already?

10. jlmcha says:

Hi. I would like to ask if the requirements for spouse visa are the same even if our marriage has already been registered in korea? Same as our son’s birth. I will greatly appreciate your response. Thanks!