Free daycare for multicultural kids

1. cher says:

interesting and good timing for me and little zach…being back in the work force next year is not such a bad idea now

Seonggyu was 27 months when he entered day care but it was just about four to five hours three times a week for five months. By the time I worked full time (on his sixth month and he stayed at the day care for 8 hours), his attitude changed. He was cranky most of the time and he was really quiet. I quit that full time job and he was back to four hours a day at the day care. I returned to work again in July, after coming back from a month’s vacation in the US. He was already three years old that time and has adjusted well.

Train Zach first to get used to the day care setting so he won’t be shocked if you work full time.

2. jehan says:

good news nga eto… from our recent get together, i realized that importante din pala alamin yung programs for multicultural families ng lugar na lilipatan nyo, ano? like here, they don’t have korean language lessons and they can’t accommodate those requesting for tutors, lalo buntis ako.. sayang.. samantalang sa bupyeong non kami pa tinatawagan kung gusto ko daw ba ng tutor… haaayyy…

That’s true Jehan. Just like the English teacher training of married immigrants that’s available in Gyeonggi-do but not in Seoul. Another is the rice subsidy we get here in Seoul that is not available in other areas. Or the no-interest loan that we could take advantage of.

3. Anon says:

Hi, I am a foreigner and I am currently pregnant – the dad is Korean but we are not in any kind of relationship and have no contact. I will travel back to my home country to give birth and then I would like to return to Korea with my child and work again. Would I be able to benefit from this kind of daycare as well or not since I am not married and the child will not be born in Korea?

4. bless says:

We heard about this from our friends and we checked out the korea times ourselves. We’re so glad to hear about this! I didnt even know that they have programs for multicultural families. My husband is canadian and i’m a filipina. our daughter is 2yrs old american age.

Just a quick question. How do we avail of this benefit? We’ve been paying so much for her daycare. arghh..Hope you guys can help. thanks! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi bless! As far as I know, “multicultural” families in Korean context means Korean and foreign spouses. If your husband is not Korean, you are not considered “multicultural” but I could be wrong though.

5. pottershandclay says:

how and where can we ask for this support?thanks po