Got this on my inbox, for those who might need the info. It’s about what could happen to you if you are an illegal immigrant (TNT) and you got caught… Here is some info on involuntary exit for illegal immigrants.
INFORMATION ON FINES, ENTRY BAN AND PROCEDURE FOR THOSE DISCOVERED INVOLUNTARILY
Source: Investigation and Enforcement Division
Korea Immigration Service
1. Illegal stayers detected by immigration officers are subject to fines:
* Those who stayed illegally for less than one (1) year are exempted from fines;
* KRW 500,000 won for illegal stay of one (1) yearto two (2) years (excl.);
*KRW 1 Million won for two (2) years to three (3)years (excl.);
*KRW 1.5 Million won for three (3) years to five(5) years (excl.);
* KRW 2 Million won for five (5) years or over.
There is no commutation of detention to penalties for those who are incapable of paying fines. Instead, illegal stayers will be deported after undergoing a prescribed process and will be banned re-entry for a certain period of time.
2. The period of entry ban for the deported illegal stayers:
* Three (3) years for those who paid fines before being deported;
* Five (5) years for those who failed to pay fines before being deported.
3. The detected illegal stayers will be deported following the procedures below:
1. An illegal stayer is arrested,
2. Will be investigated for illegal stay,
3. Will be detained (upon issuance of detention order),
4. Decision will be made after examination (possible decisions include imposition of fines and issuance of deportation order),
5. Will prepare for departure (issue a passport and buy tickets, etc.),
6. Will be deported.
Atty. Felicitas Q. Bay
Philippine Overseas Labor Office
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
5-1, Itaewon 2-dong,
Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, 140-857 Korea
Tel: 82 2 3785 3634/5; Fax: 82 2 3785 3624