South Korea Scholarship – Not only for Filipinos

I got this from Elliot’s blog – South Korea scholarship that is open not just for Filipinos but for other nationalities as well.

Elliot was an exchange student at Daejeon University a few years ago. He is now one of the scholars of Catholic University of Korea, that has been providing graduate scholarship for Filipinos since 2009.

Glad to know that there are more scholarships available for aspiring graduate students in Korea. This is like getting a whole life insurance for free 😉

The said scholarship at Daejeon University is for graduate students of foreign countries mostly in Asia and Africa. It is for the fall semester of school year 2010. The deadline for application is until April 26, 2010. If interested, just visit Elliot’s blog.

28 thoughts on “South Korea Scholarship – Not only for Filipinos

• April 4, 2010 at 12:16 am

woah…been looking for ways to go to SK haha…pero will give it a shot…graduate studies..qualified nako diyan, kakagraduate ko lang eh haha
    .-= sendzki´s last blog ..The Holy Week Recipe =-.

• April 5, 2010 at 3:22 am

hi,

Thanks for sharing this opportunity for Filipinos and other nationalities. I’m a moderator of PInoy Scholars blog/Facebook group and please allow me to share this to the group.

cheers!

• April 6, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hindi naman ikaw “ipapadala” sa uni. You select the uni BUT it’s up to the uni to select you depending on your grades, KPLT marks, etc.
    .-= Elliot´s last blog ..South Korea Scholarship =-.

• April 7, 2010 at 12:21 am

Hi Ms. Betchay.

About your blog about the CUK Graduate Scholarship…thank God! I got a notice from CUK that I qualified for an interview on Friday! Pray for me please. THANK YOU SO MUCH. ^____^

• April 7, 2010 at 12:27 am

In addition to that, regarding the Korean Gov’t Scholarship c/o Daejeon U.. I got the scoop from De La Salle – Manila. I currently study TCP there. I will also try to apply for that scholarship (if in case CUK won’t work) Let’s pray for the best! ^^

• April 8, 2010 at 1:12 am

Hi Elliot!

Please help me on this matter. This is kinda’ complicated. I understood that applicants should be recommended by an organization, either by the Korean embassy in the country of origin or by any university mentioned in the website. I tried to visit the different websites mentioned for this scholarship, but I can’t find what I’ve been looking for. I wonder what necessary documents should I pass to the Korean embassy here in the Philippines or to Korean universities so that they can recommend me to KGSP? Please enlighten me on this matter. Im not sure if my interpretation of their guidelines is correct.

Thank you much in advance!

• April 8, 2010 at 1:29 am

Ooppss… sorry, I just read the requirements. In fact, some of the required documents come with attachments.

Elliot, just a piece of advice for me, which do you think is better, recommended by the Korean embassy or recommended by a specific university? I mean, which medium has the greater chance of being accepted? I understand that dual recommendation is a ground for disqualification. I have to be careful in choosing which organization would recommend me.

Thank you much!

• April 28, 2010 at 4:45 am

hello po ate betchay…
    may scholarship po ba sa mga undergrad tulad ko?(1st college po ako)
    i mean dun na sa SK ipagpapatuloy ang pag-aaral(doon na po mag-cocollege)?

• April 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

I have a friend who study in Andong Uni. (since 2006 up to Present). i think she’ll be graduating this year. & or those who want’s to be qualified, just Pray and Pray! Keep in mind that these would be your chance to study abroad and share what you have.. Good Luck!

• May 20, 2010 at 4:55 pm

hi can i ask?can i possibly study in south korea by scholarship and how can i get a scholarship in south korea if im here in the philippines and im also a16 year old so idont know what level can i enter there

• May 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm

hi ramilyn! the scholarships available right now are for graduate studies… you should get a college degree first in the philippines, and apply later for the graduate school scholarships

• July 1, 2010 at 11:05 am

Hi Ms Bechay,

Just wanna know when will be the next date of screening for the CUK scholarship? (kahit probable period lang po?) I’m currently a senior student in a university and is planning to apply for the said scholarship as soon as possible but I don’t know when the next screening will be.. I already got a hold of the application and admission forms (which i downloaded from a blogpost) and is also working on the other documents.

And also, Ms Bechay, I’m curious who Prof.Abagat is? She’s been mentioned and thanked a lot, as what i have read in the comments section, I think she’s also someone that can help me/us? How can I contact Prof.Abagat?

Ms bechay, I’m looking forward for your reply.
    Thank you po. Have a good day.

• July 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm

guys tanung ko lang ko po kung kelan p ang next scholarship.. ? nahuli po kz ako

• July 29, 2010 at 11:28 am

please do inform me if merong available scholarship for fresh H.S. grad .. and kung meron , kylan po ? thanks .

• August 12, 2010 at 3:28 pm

pwede pa po bang humabol????i read this program T_T just now.

• September 29, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Hello Ms. Betchay!!!

Annyeong Hashimnikka!!!

Can I e-mail you personally about my queries regarding the CUK program? I submitted my application already to the CUK and they are asking for TOEFL test result as an additional requirement. Can you recommend a test center that caters a cheaper TOEFL test?

I would like to forward you the details and their response to my application, here is my e-mail, crazymiel_08@hotmail.com. I would be very glad to hear from you soon. ^0^

Thanks a lot! More Power!

• September 30, 2010 at 1:51 am

Hi Mai! I guess it would be cheaper if you’ll take it in the Philippines. The English test is a new requirement of the Korean government and it took effect from the second half of this year. So for those who are interested to apply for a scholarship in South Korea, better prepare for a recognized English test like TOEFL, iBT, or TOEIC.

• September 30, 2010 at 8:43 am

BTW, I think the best person to ask about the CUK program would be Prof Emely Dicolen Abagat. You can look for her profile in Facebook. She answers queries and she’s connected with every CUK scholar, AFAIK. You’ll also get to see how they live (some scholars have posted photos of their dorms) and what they do.

• October 7, 2010 at 4:28 pm

hims. betchay!
    meron pa po bang available scholarship program para sa spring sem, 2011? pano po mag apply?

tnx
    Godspeed

• October 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm

hi everyone,
    does anyone here know a filipino lawyer who is based in korea? thanks.

• December 13, 2010 at 8:36 am

meron po bang scholarship para 2011??? san po meron…

• January 30, 2011 at 2:05 am

Hi Ms Betchay!

Nagkaidea po ako about scholarships for Korea dahil sa blog niyo. Kaya lang po hindi nagoffer ang CUK for Spring 2011 para sa mga Pilipino. Nataon po na nung chineck ko ang blog na nirecommend niyo ay may post about sa offer ng Sejong University. Nagtry po ako and ngayon nakatanggap ako ng acceptance letter from them. Medyo kinakabahan po ako kasi wala po akong kakilala diyan sa Korea and medyo naguguluhan ako sa scholarship na inoffer nila. Sana po pwede ko kayo makaemail para po kahit papano may support system ako.

Thanks po!

• March 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm

how can i apply the scholarship? gusto ko po talaga ,,, para sa pamilya ko ito.

• April 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm

pano kung 15 years old palang pero gustong mag-aral sa korea sa summer?

• May 1, 2012 at 1:09 pm

what are the different requirements for this schalarship?
    where can i get the application form?