I received an email regarding a special pageant sponsored by the Hyehwadong Filipino Catholic Community. The “Ginoo at Bininibing Kalinangang Filipino 2009” will be held on the 4th of October, after Chuseok (the Korean Thanksgiving holiday).
Once again, the Ginoo at Binibining Kalinangang Filipino (Mr. and Ms. Filipino Culture) is being organized for the following objectives:
1. To showcase the best of Filipino culture: dances, songs, language, costumes, beauty, values, and traditions;
2. To highlight the best practices and characteristics of the Filipino migrants in Korea;
3. To provide a venue for cultural sharing and interaction between the Koreans and the Filipinos; and
4. To raise funds for the different programs and outreach activities of the community.
Online voting at SAMBAYANAN and Ticket Sales started last Sunday, Sep. 6, 2009.
Makipagugnayan lamang po kay Ms. Precy Niebres (010-3212-3100), Chairpersons at Ministry Heads ng HFCC.
When : October 4, 2009 at 3:00 P.M.
Where: Tongseong High School Auditorium, Hyewa-dong
* With special participation from ABS-CBN Star Magic
* This ticket serve as a raffle coupon during the program.
Ticket Price: 10,000 won
Tickets worth 10,000 won shall give every kababayan a chance to:
1. watch the event;
2. be reminded of the Filipino culture and values;
3. win 1,000,000 won or other big prizes in the raffle draw; and
4. help a kababayan who is in need.
The man won (10,000) can go a long, long way to entertain oneself, be proud of being Pinoy, and helping others.
TANGKILIKIN NATIN ANG SARILING ATIN!
IPAGMALAKI NATIN ANG KULTURANG FILIPINO
SUPORTAHAN NATIN ANG PROYEKTONG ITO!
You can visit the links above to vote online. Just a warning though, the pictures in the gallery are approximately 1.2MB each and there are six of them.
If you’re in Seoul on the said date, why not support the event? Unfortunately, us myeonneuri (daughter-in-law) will still be busy that day — post Chuseok.