Seoul on a budget: Everland! (part 1)

“Everland” is often touted as the “Disneyland” of Korea and if you’ve been to both places, you’ll understand why. It is the largest theme park and it also includes a zoo and a waterpark.

Everland is not exactly located in Seoul, but it’s a popular destination among Korean and foreign tourists. It has also been featured in several movies and television dramas. The first Jang Dong Gun movie that I saw was partly filmed at Everland’s zoo. The movie is called “Repechage” and pairs JDG with Kim Hee Sun. This is the movie me curious about Korea. I never thought that such a handsome guy exists in this part of the world. Wow! It was almost a decade ago.

The theme park opens at 9 o’clock in the morning and closes at 10 o’clock at night. It is best to visit the park on weekdays as you’ll always end up wasting your time queuing up at most rides. On a weekend, it will take you about an hour and a half for the safari alone. On the average, you’ll need to line up for an hour at most rides. I’m not kidding!

ADMISSION TICKET. Unlike Disneyland, the Samsung owned Everland isn’t as expensive. A single day pass to the world-renowed US theme park costs $62, while it’s only 35,000 won or just about $30 at Everland. From 5 o’clock in the afternoon, it’s only 30,000 won.

So how can you save at Everland? If you visit their website, there’s a downloadable coupon for foreigners. You can get a discount of 2,000 won per person for up to four persons per coupon. Also, some Korean issued credit cards offer a 50% discount on admission tickets. We only pay 17,500 won per person whenever we visit Everland. In September, we’re going to take advantage of the 10,000 won entrance ticket offered by KEB to its cardholders. (10,000 won for the cardholder and 20% discount for up to three companions)

FOOD. There are a lot of restaurants and food kiosks at the theme park. A spaghetti meal at one of the restaurants there costs 8,000 won. However, if you want to save money on food you can always pack a roll of “kimbap” or sandwiches for your lunch and snacks. There are designated areas where you can have your “picnic”. Of course, don’t forget the water.

To be continued…

17 thoughts on “Seoul on a budget: Everland! (part 1)

• August 26, 2009 at 3:06 am

It’s a good deal, I think. I wanted to go and see places like this but every time we’ll plan something will come up.
    .-= eden´s last blog ..Drama Marathon =-.

• August 26, 2009 at 4:59 am

Hello I always visit r blog…I’m a Pinoy pero I love Korea hehehe…I wish right now Im in Korea Im here in CALifornia and whenever Im bored I always watch Family Outing and Infinity Challege love it..Hiya hope I would visit Korea next year………

chechi

• August 26, 2009 at 3:50 pm

annyeong miss bechay.. khely here.. same as che i always visit your blog, ^^ i find your blog very interesting.. since i also love everything in korea..

Everland is like an Enchanted Kingdom here sa pinas.. pero for sure mas mganda dyan.. ^^ nakita ko rin yan feature sa “We Got Married” where Kim Hyun Joong and HwangBo visited Everland..

wow.. the promo is not bad, hopefully mkavisit din aq.. ^^

• August 27, 2009 at 8:21 am

hi khely! thanks… oo may promo naman sa everland lagi… 10,000 won isn’t bad as it’s less than $10 and to think that a day sometimes isn’t enough to tour the theme park… ang laki kasi niya

• August 27, 2009 at 4:56 am

mmm I wanna visit Everland too when I go to Korea

• August 27, 2009 at 10:08 am

Hi, I just found your blog today and I was wondering if you know about a child’s ticket fee. I know some theme parks won’t charge for a young child. Do you know what age they start charging?

• August 28, 2009 at 9:12 am

oooh sounds fun! never heard of everland in korea! who doesn’t want money-saving discounts like that? i’ve been to disneyworld last april and even with discounts, it was still expensive!
    .-= fortuitous faery´s last blog ..And All That Jazz =-.

• August 30, 2009 at 3:33 am

Hmmmm…..I’m in Seoul now for the last 3 days and this place was never mentioned in any tourist brochures from the KTO. Even some Koreans that I talk to and asked for suggested place to visit never mentioned about this place. Mind you, there are so many places to visit here and I’m afraid that my 1 week here is not enough.

Korea is definitely the place that I would like to come back to. There are so many pretty K-girls!

• September 30, 2009 at 5:27 am

How do you pay 17500?

• September 30, 2009 at 10:35 am

There are credit cards that you can use to get a 50% discount. We also went there three weeks ago and I only paid 10,000 won when I used my KEB card.

• March 12, 2010 at 5:33 pm

the discount coupon is vaild until March 2010. We will be travelling 3rd week of Arptil. Is there a possibility of having it extended? thanks 😉

• November 28, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Hi Mam Betchay,

Is there a way to go to Everland just by riding the bus or subway?, Thanks so much!

• November 21, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Hi,

Would you know kung kailan ung opening days ng Everland Snow Buster?
    I am planning to go there this January, and I don’t want to miss it.

Thanks,
    Marc

• November 23, 2012 at 12:21 am

I was at Everland last Sunday! Love it! Inaayos pa lang nung nagpunta kami… siguro by next month open na siya.

• March 23, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Hi, can i pay everland by using international credit card or just korean issued credit cards lang ang pwede?

• March 23, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Hi! Pwede rin international credit card. Kung foreigner, meron ding discount. Pero yung 10,000 won sa Everland, only for KEB cards pag may promo sila.