Chuncheon Dalk Galbi

1. Nhemskie says:

It looks yummy! I tried this Chuncheon Dak kalbi on our way home from our Mt. Sorak trip last winter of 2003. The funny thing was we were the only people in the street full of these dak kalbi restaurants. Not so many people ate chicken that time because of the bird flu outbreak in the country.
    .-= Nhemskie´s last blog ..Meteor Shower =-.

2. eden says:

That looks good! ^^ mmmmmmmm…
    .-= eden´s last blog ..Dapit Hapon =-.

3. samantha says:

hello. I have a question: Should u really be married to a Korean to be able to live in Korea? Do they have like a fiancee visa or something like in America?

4. marycar says:

hi ate betchay!
    Hrm student po ako, sa subject po naming asian cuisine, of course ksama n ang korean cuisine dun. may maire-recommend po b kayong korean dish n pwede naming lutuin at mga ingredients po?

thank you!

5. marycar says:

sa asian cooking po yan.. ang ganda ng blog page mo..i always visit your blogsite.. keep it up!

6. Emagasia says:

First time being here, but I feel like commenting here. Your blog was so nice !!! I like Dalk Kalbi !!! Dalk kalbi is one of my favorite Korean dishes too… I like Sam keh tang also…
    .-= Emagasia´s last blog ..Japanese Hiragana 3 =-.

7. drsnowmon says:

Just curious Ms. Betchay, what does PIL means?

8. drsnowmon says:

by the way I love how you illustrate photos with explanations, it’s like watching travel network on TV

9. owbEe says:

Another interesting post. Thanks ate Betchay. ^^
    .-= owbEe´s last blog ..Books and random stuff =-.

10. klyte says:

true, ms betch about the colors of the cars. i wonder why? the agent for our apartment drives a compact in bright yellow but i don’t think it’s a korean car.

11. yaminoshuuen says:

hi everyone!

The first time I discover this blog, i really liked it. I’m a freak when it comes to anything and everything korean and I always visit this site because it entertains me a lot. Thank you so much for putting an effort to always update this blog, i love all the posts here. ^__^

I wish I could visit Korea soon…(sigh)

12. Hyun Chang Lee says:

Always admire Ms.Betchay’s writing because she never ignores the facts that we, Korean, think nothing special.

From her view I leaned a lot in different angle, thanks

To explain more about the food named Dakh Kalbi “chicken’s rib” which means literally almost valueless(think about chicken rib nothing to eat but not easy to throw away)but the food itself is really yummy with hot spicy sauce with sliced chicken without bone.

You mentioned “Most Korean restaurants serve only a few specialty dishes” but our cusine is side dish free. If you order one dish such as Dak Kalbi then Kimchi, soup, noodle(sometimes extra charge), radish, vegetabel come all together. (we don’t need order separately, if you need more side dish you can ask they will fill without charge)
    If you get accustomed to this ordering way, you will get headache whenever you are asked to order separately(especially myself)

But anyway it is very funny story for weekend life in Korea

Thanks very much pinpointing the strange things from our normal life (Hyun Chang Lee)

13. Paul says:

That looks really good. I’m going to eat ;o).

14. Tamar says:

Your post brought back so many memories of Chuncheon. I lived there back in 1996-1997 (pre-Winter Sonata). I love dakkalbi!!! I make it at home any chance I get.
    .-= Tamar´s last blog ..Behind the ‘Innovations With Kimchi’ video =-.

15. christine kho says:

hi! i miss chuncheon soooo much and we always call it chuncheon chicken.. that was way back in summer of 2007 when i was a volunteer english teacher for chuncheon ymca. cheers!

16. i got excited reading this post. one of the most memorable parts of my trip to korea last month was taking a train ride out of seoul to visit nami island and chuncheon. beautiful beautiful beautiful! and the dakgalbi? was sooooo good especially paired with soju. ” )

Hi Doogie! I had never taken the train before I came here. Now I think riding a train is just so romantic… On my first month here, my husband and I took the train to Gangcheon (town before Chuncheon) and double biked… that was in autumn…