CUK Graduate Student Recruitment
If you’re looking to pursue your graduate studies (Masteral or Ph D), the Catholic University of Korea is opening its doors to deserving FILIPINO students. Prof. Emely Dicolen-Abagat (a Filipino and author of “And God Smiled Back”) is accepting applications until today, May 29. The University President and some Deans will travel with Prof. Abagat to the Philippines on June 7 to 13 to interview the applicants.
Send your applications to email@example.com (Prof. Abagat’s email address.) Successful applicants will be entitled to free tuitions, roundtrip airfare, dorm and allowance (in exchange for English Assistantship.)
The deadline is today but Prof. Abagat said they are still accepting applications.
Philippine passport holders living in South Korea are also welcome to apply! Hurry!!!
Link to the application form is at the bottom of this post.
CUK Graduate Program for Philippine Students
– To provide top-level students from the Philippines with opportunities for higher-education in Korea
– To enhance the globalization of the CUK campus by creating a more diverse atmosphere
– To promote international exchange in education and mutual friendship between Korea and the Philippines
– Around 25 students
1. Entrance period: Fall semester, 2009 (September 2009)
2. Programs: graduate program
Department and Majors
– Business Administration
– International Studies – American Studies, Chinese Studies, International Relations, International Trade
– Public Administration
– Computer Sciences & Engineering
*As for the science and engineering departments, students admitted with undergraduate degree in same or related majors
*Information, Communications and Electronic Engineering
The opportunities for admission to other majors shall be extended in the future.
3. Language of Instruction: English
A minimum number of courses about Korean language will be offered.
[Graduate] Nationals of the Philippines
Graduates or graduates-to-be of college (undergraduate program)
(as for the graduate-to-be, the student must be able to study from September, 2009 in CUK)
The screening will be conducted on the basis of overall evaluation according to paper screening and interview results.
1. Exempt from tuition and on-campus residence fee during the whole study
§ Graduate program: 2 years
(※ On condition that the applicant shall meet GPA of over 3.0 in a scale of 4.0.)
2. Monthly payment is available for the students who work part-time jobs on campus (such as English Assistantship).
3. Round-trip airfare provided
4. Internship opportunities at local companies arranged during study (as for candidates)
5. When the applicant completes the degree in CUK, Job opportunities with Korean companies may be offered
6. When the applicant acquires a Ph.D. at CUK, a job opportunity as a teaching staff at CUK will be offered
The end of May, 2009
1. Application for Admission (CUK Form)
2. Study Plan and Personal Statement (Free Form)
3. A copy of Certificate of college graduation (or certified expected graduation form)
4. A copy of college official transcript of whole year (all the ranks and marks must be included on the transcript).
5. A recommendation letter by teacher or professor serving as relevant department head
6. Proof of Foreign Status (i.e., A copy of the first page of passport)
For further information, please inquire to Office of International Affairs
Address: Office of International Affairs, The Catholic University of Korea
Tel. No.: + 82-2-2164-4116, 4957
Fax No.: + 82-2-2164-4751