Hot Pink Seoul!

Hi Seoul Festival began on May 2 and will run until May 10. If you’re in Seoul on these dates, don’t miss out on the events of this festivity being held at Cheonggyecheon, the five palaces (Gyeongbokgung, Changdokgung, Changgyeonggung, Deoksugung and Gyeonghuigung), and of course – Seoul Plaza.

^^Seoul Plaza fountain

Last May 5, Children’s Day, my family spent the afternoon at Seoul Plaza (located in front of the City Hall). The Seoul city government provided a host of fun activities for the kids and their parents alike. These are the Seoul mask making, Spring Breeze Dance, Euro Bungee, Hopping Ball, Hot Pink Postbox and Hot Pink Factory.

We had fun decorating the free masks.

Families enjoying the mask making event.

At Cheonggyecheon, the “Hot Pink Ribbons of Hope” caught my attention. Citizens wrote down their wishes on the hot pink ribbons provided by cosmetics company “Mary Kay.”

Around the sculpture called “Spring,” are coins and paper cranes tossed in by visitors to the event. My son’s day care center sent us a coin bank three weeks ago for the said event that he gladly filled up with coins.

Since it was a really warm day, kids and their parents took time out to cool down at Cheonggyecheon’s waters.

Hot pink buttons are given free for the people to write down messages and post on the hot pink covered wall in Cheonggyecheon.

Hi Seoul Festival will run until Sunday. Several Korean celebs will perform at the Seoul Plaza from Friday night until this Sunday’s closing.

May 8 Friday, 8-10 PM – Merry Parents Day with guests: Park Joon Hyeong, Wink, Park Hyeon Bin, Kim Hye Yeong

May 9, Saturday, 8-10 PM – Fever Night with guests: House Rules, Lee Pani, Defcon, Bae Seul-Gi, S-Flave (B-boy) and DJ

May 10, Sunday, 8-10 PM – Closing Ceremony with the Seoul Spring Chamber Music Festival with Ensemble Nouvelle Generation de Paris and guests: Bum, No Brain, Kim Gyeong Ho, Cherry Filter, Shin Hae Cheol, YB Band

At the Cheonggye Plaza on Saturday at 6 PM – Han Biya, Park Hwa Yobi, Park Jeong Ah and Kim Dong Wook.

18 thoughts on “Hot Pink Seoul!

• May 9, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Hi there!I have been your silent reader for couple months and i enjoy reading your bloggie. 🙂
    I been to Korea once back to 2005.I LOVE KOREA!hehe..
    Everytime when i read your bloggie it makes me wanna go Korea again so bad!;p I guess I will definitely make it happen again.
    Aha!Thanks for sharing all these pinky stuff.Loving it!Summer just around the corner?

Foxy-Roxy

• May 11, 2009 at 8:23 pm

hi Foxy-Roxy! thank you… we’ve been having a really warm weather… almost summer like and it’s still supposed to be spring! i wonder how hot it would be like in the summer…. sana naman maraming ulan 🙂

• May 14, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Oops!I am a chinese from Malaysia & currently working @ Singapore. I don’t speak philipine language 🙂

Foxy-Roxy

• May 14, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Hi Foxy-Roxy! That’s okay. I have several Chinese friends here in Korea and they don’t speak the Philippine language either 😀 They speak Korean well though and that’s how we communicate.

• May 10, 2009 at 11:18 am

Hi,

Its done i have added you site.
    How long have been there and can you post in general your impression in living in Korea. In Cebu we have many Koreans visitors and they even established they business here.

You might want to run an outsourcing business there with Filipino counter parts.
    We design and develop websites. Let me know if you are interested

Deped Teachers last blog post..10 Suggested Criteria for Selection of Learning Experiences

• May 11, 2009 at 8:20 pm

hi Tesha! i remember that we went to Nami on parents’ day last year… and back in Seoul an old guy gave my son 1,000 won… don’t know if you remember that but last Parents’ Day we were in the subway and an old man again gave him 1,000 won… hehehe

• May 10, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to you Betchay^^

• May 11, 2009 at 8:16 pm

• May 11, 2009 at 3:18 pm

We also have the Children’s day on May 5th in Japan.
    It looks interesting to make the Seoul mask! 😀

naokos last blog post..Ninja Momo!

• May 11, 2009 at 8:15 pm

hi naoko! i enjoyed reading your blog… yup it was really fun making the Seoul mask

• May 12, 2009 at 10:52 am

Hi there, I always visit your blog and this is really cool!
    Thanks for sharing this information and keep it up.
    I luv your blog and I hope I can visit Korea and I hope I can meet you:-)
    Thanks again for blogging life in Korea:-)

• May 13, 2009 at 12:30 pm

hi maggie! thanks for visiting too… please call me when you come here for a visit… i’d love to show you around

• May 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm

hi ate! belated happy mother’s day.. i was at seoul plaza last sunday. thessa invited me to the “fair”. we actually didnt’t know it was the seoul friendship fair so i was so surprised with the booths and performances. the Philippine’s booths were a hit. when i returned to buy bananas and pineapples before going home at about 3:30 pero wala na…

jehans last blog post..See You in Friendster…

• March 6, 2010 at 2:02 pm

ganda naman ng website nyo……….mabuhay ang mga pilipinong ofw………………yehey………..GOD bless u all guys………pag may nang aping korean sa inyo,give them a hot english!!