Dojang 도장 (Korean seal)

1. cher says:

hahahaha….i’ve always wanted a dojang…..kkkk….i like the feeling of putting a stamp on documents……but my name if spelled in korean is still too long to be in a dojang…..my husband said that if you acquire a do-jang you have to register it in the dong-sa-muso/local office for it to be considered legal and binding.

chers last blog post..2nd hand 반찬 ban-chan(side-dish) and 밥 bap(rice)

2. jehan says:

if di po ako married to a korean, i would be bombarding this page with messages that i want one, hahaha…

i dont know, when hallyu struck philippines, i was among those severely struck… but when i got married na, i gave away all my dvd collections (daw oh) except Jumong and Dae Jang Geum…

It would be really cool to have a dojang…

3. eden says:

Ahhh dojang, like the royal seals/ mail insignias in Europe! Interesting coz I thought I’d only see it in movies. Y’know, like old Korean films po. Ate I have a question, if get married to a Korean and you’re a foreigner, do you get your husband’s last name too? Just curious…

edens last blog post..Shopping… Books and iHome

4. cher says:

for eden: according to korean law, women in korea are not required to follow their husband’s family name, so the same thing goes for foreigners married to koreans, however, foreigners married to koreans can choose to follow their husband’s family name or not, it all depends on the law that your country follows.in my case, i decided to use my husband’s family name.

chers last blog post..2nd hand 반찬 ban-chan(side-dish) and 밥 bap(rice)

5. clare says:

oooh…can i have one?

clares last blog post..Loved It

6. gail says:

oh, please can i have one? pretty please?

i’ve been looking for a personal stamp for my letters and postcards to family and friends. pero wala pa akong nahanap.

7. angel says:

aawwww gusto ko din nun.. ahehehe..

Penge ng korean na fafa.. ^^

sarap basahin ng blog mo.. im sure babalik-balika ko to ^^

Dream ko po kasi puntaha ng Korea someday^^

Hwaiting!!

8. marian says:

that sounds like a cool christmas present! kung makakahabol pa. hehehe… thanks anyway. 🙂

9. Jade says:

Ahwww ako din if there’s still any left- sound nice.

Jades last blog post..Before it all happens…

10. lou says:

Hi, ms.bechay,

could my invitor simply use Dojang instead of the gold seal from law office. because I have recieved an invitation. and they used only the Dojang.

11. Tesha says:

Hai, I’m interested! 🙂

Happy thanksgiving!

Teshas last blog post..What Tina and I missed at Saguijo

12. Jackie says:

I want one…! 🙂
    Thanksgiving pala ung holiday…sayang I’m gonna miss it. Looking forward for next year na lang 😀

13. lbshiro says:

축하합니다! top20. http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/2008/08/22/best-philippine-blogs-aug08/

im interested.. but im a little new here. =)
    where do you have it made anyway?

14. grace says:

I’d like one too. And I’d like to meet you one day. I’m in Daejeon but I could one weekend come up to Seoul if you’d like to spend some time with a newbie Filipina from Canada.

graces last blog post..“Where Do We Go From Here?”

15. metropolismom says:

I want to have a dojang. If I am not one of the lucky 5, can I order? 🙂

cheers!
    Metropolismom

16. Betchay says:

TGIF! I could reply to comments now… hehehe…

17. eden says:

I’d love to have one too!

edens last blog post..A Mistake or Not?

18. sheda says:

oh oh oh….i want one ate!! 🙂

please^^^^

19. sheda says:

thanks in advance!! (Hahaha…assuming….LOL)

shedas last blog post..Missing in Action

20. save says:

hi ate betchay
    eto nlng ang souvenir mo sa akin if remember mo pa hehe
    i would love to have one 🙂

saves last blog post..sweet act of gratitue Part2

21. sarah says:

i want one also. hehe. sarap pong basahin blog nyo. i try to study korean language here in bulacan pero everytime na mg-eenrol ako, they always told me na wla pang ng-eenroll and i still have to wait for more students and they will call me na lang if ever na makompleto na yung number of students na required nila. i keep on calling them na wla pang next batch and i ask if klan magkakaroon, they said di nila alam. any schools po na alam nyo to where i could enroll? particularly in bulacan or kahit sa q.c. thanks!

22. jehan says:

@ sarah

better check korean communities in your province, baka meron yung mga Korean volunteers who teach the Language at a minimal fee… go to Korean groceries and check if they have posters of such organizations or ask the (Korean) owner if he/she has heard of such organizations..

meron kase sa baguio-benguet and dito sa fairview quezon city but i lost my notes, kaya di ko maibigay contact number…

23. Betchay says:

ay i forgot about this na… LOL… busy kasi eh… ngayon lang nagka-time… i’ll email you guys about the name you want on the stamp then i’ll have them made next week… after chuseok 🙂

24. sheda says:

oh, thanks in advance ate bethcay 🙂

i’ll be waiting foe your mail 🙂

shedas last blog post..Missing in Action

25. RODNEY says:

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SINCE MY MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR BROUGHT ON BACK FROM KOREA. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN ORDER ONE. THANK YOU RODNEY

26. Angel says:

awww.. i soo want to have one 🙁

Angels last blog post..so pano?

27. K8 says:

Looking for a custom made ingam for my TKD instuctor… any ideas on how to obtain one?

28. sarah says:

thanks po, jehan. still tryin’ to find a school or a korean who can teach me. ms. betchay, where can i order this dojang? can i order it fr0m you? hehe. thanks.

29. Gelo says:

Gusto ko nito ahahah 젤로 naka hangeul na idodojang nlng po lol ahahaha i always read ur blogs because im a frustrated korean hahaha

30. John Morgan says:

I’d like to order an official do jang. How do I do that?

31. Kat112604 says:

Hi betchay..

Ngyn ko lang to nabasa.. hahaha.. meron ka pa bang extrang Dojang? I also like to own one..

32. John Stein says:

I have a paper with the seal of a girl I had a romance with 35 years ago in Taegu. She said it would allow me to find her if I ever returned. I still think of her when the moon is full and the stars are bright.

33. Baek Seung Jo says:

Ms. Betchay, How can I order this. How long would it take and how much?

34. Wes Bone says:

My wife and I recently adopted our son from Korea. We would like to get him a seal as a way of keeping him in touch with his Korean heritage. Would you be able to tell me how I can go about getting him a seal? It wouldn’t have to be registered. I would just like to have one made for him.

Wes Bone

1. September 11, 2009

[…] after, ribbing him for it. he denied it. i asked him what it was all about. he told me he lost his dojang(link), an official personalized stamp/seal used in korea for signing documents. my dad thought he lost […]

2. September 11, 2009