Where to stay in Seoul

1. AzureWolf says:

*sigh* It would be so nice to visit Seoul, but with $1500 being the price of admission (adding in cost of visa), it is something you cannot do halfway. Either you prepare and make the most of it, or you wasted a lot of money!

I hope I can go soon! I want to meet people and see the bboys!

I wonder why so many people ask you for help or advice. I see the comments on your other posts, and it is amazing! No one asks meeee! I am jealous!

2. Tesha says:

Angela and I stayed for 2 weeks at Banana Backpackers (www.bananabackpackers.com), and I would give this hostel my two thumbs up πŸ™‚

The hostel is walking distance to many tourist spots such as Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung Palaces, and Insadong. It is near Anguk station (take Exit 4 or 5). If one is lucky, one may get a taste of the delicious bread that a kind ajusshi sells in a rolling store (He stays across the Princeton Review Center on school days).

The hostel staff are so nice too. Dong helped me with laundry, and Sang (the hostel manager) even carried our luggages and waited for the airport bus with us.

@AzureWolf: You should come soon! It took Angela and me two years to save up, but it is worth the wait. I am definitely coming back for more of Seoul and South Korea.

3. Betchay says:

@AzureWolf >> you won’t need a visa to come here… why not teach English πŸ˜‰ you’re gonna be a hit here! LOL… i would love to go to NYC again! such an amazing city! i’m saving up for a trip with my husband and son… it’s gonna take me years but i wouldn’t mind the time and expenses since i’d love to go to The Met again…

@Tesha >> thanks for your input… i hope you can come back here… i really had a great time with you guys… you and angela are super fun to be with!

4. AzureWolf says:

@Betchay
    I will do the applications this upcoming year for next year and play it by ear. The best English program (Fulbright ETA) has no positions in Seoul, but there is the prestige of putting the name “Fulbright” on a resumΓ©… But I want to have as much fun as possible, so I will apply to others like EPIK and then decide later, hehe.

It would be quite the honor and pleasure to meet you and your family!

5. Betchay says:

^^ I’d be delighted to meet you.

6. Mark says:

Hi to all,
    Is it possible to go to Banana Bachpackers without reservation? Cause I will go for the first time to Korea and have to find a sleeping facility from the 14th of August.
    Many thanks!
    Rgds,
    Mark

7. Tesha says:

@Mark: It is better to email the webmaster or leave a message in their message board for a reservation 2 to 4 weeks before your scheduled trip. As far as I know, you can confirm or cancel your reservation without any charge.

8. You should list the star ratings for each hotel. This will give your readers a better idea of the level of service. all the best.

banquetmanager@soyouwanttobeabanquetmanager.blogspot.coms last blog post..Don’t You Hate it When This Happens – Part 2

9. Brenda Chuegan says:

Hi Tesha,

You mentioned that you stayed in Bananabackpackers.. We are booked to stay there as well. We are kind of worried if the area has steep streets. Do we have to walk uphill to reach Bananabackpackers? and are there steep streets in that area?

Brenda

10. Tesha says:

Hi Brenda,

Sorry to be replying so late. Is your trip done already? Nope, you don’t have to walk uphill to get there. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Teshas last blog post..Once upon a childhood

11. CyNurse says:

This is a very helpful post. Seoul is one of my dream destinations and Yim’s House Hotel has some very good reviews.

Thanks, Betchay!

12. Shel says:

My daughter and I will go to Seoul this Nov. 27, just want to ask the rates of the hotels

13. bollywoodhunk says:

very nice and beautiful info in this site when i read then i am very eager to share with this site

14. noypi says:

Going to seoul! im exited. .

15. Grant says:

I would recommend staying at one of the homestays at Wimdu (www.wimdu.com).

They are as cheap as $30/night and the hosts are usually nice old Korean ladies. Hostels are cheap but you will not be comfortable–also you have to share a bathroom with so many other people.

16. kangjaemin says:

벳차이씨 μ•ˆλ…•ν•˜μ„Έμš”

I have been to seoul twice…stayed in bangrang hostel… Had nice experiences with the staff. … Just a minute away from chungjongno metro station (green line)….

Now im planning to stay for a longer time… Can you recommend any cheap stay? Like something as 300$ a month? Ill be leaving by end of feb….

Im into volunteering kasi….kaya kailangan ko ng something supercheap πŸ˜‰

17. Patti Oh says:

Hi Betchay!
    Im really glad I came across your blog. πŸ™‚
    We have booked a quick vacation to south korea on the 1st week of july. Im going there together with my parents and it’ll be our first time. We’re looking for a guesthouse since we’re on a budget. Do you know of any decent ones? and also, we’re planning to go straight to jeju island from incheon airport. You think it’s advisable? Thank you so much!
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Patti

18. EL says:

For a cheap stay, you can also try Chingu Guesthouse, in Hongdae. It`s super near to the subway, yet, in the heart of Hongade ^^ https://www.facebook.com/chinguguesthouse